May 11, 2020

day 56 Enhanced Community Quarantine

It's been almost a month since I posted an update. I hope you're comfortable and on the pink of health right now. 


This flower bloomed just in time for my Mom's death anniversary. Incidentally, she gave me this plant a couple of years ago. 

Last April 24 was my Mom's first death anniversary. My family could not commemorate it the normal way because of the quarantine. We agreed to pray the Novena for the eternal repose of her soul for nine straight days in the comfort of our own homes na lang muna. We miss her so much even a year has already passed. Parang kahapon lang nangyari, but knowing that she's with our Dad now makes it less painful for us. I know that they are constantly guiding us from heaven.


It's already known that our quarantine here in Manila was extended for another month. Ang dami nang nangyari tulad ng nagupitan ko na ng buhok si Hubby. Another achievement unlock for me. Puwede na pala akong hairdresser. Si Husband ang dami na ring nagawa. He gave our roof a fresh coat of paint. Nalinis na niya Man cave niya at bodega namin. We are also thankful that we were given cash aid by the government thru the Social Amelioration Program. This was a surprise to us since we didn't expect that we would be qualified and it came right on my son's birthday, too. 


Tonight, we are waiting with bated breath if the President will announce our transition from ECQ to GCQ(general community quarantine) after almost two months of quarantine. Of course, once we move on to GCQ, there will still be restrictions and guidelines so that a second wave of infections won't happen. We don't want to overwhelm our hospitals and frontliners, which is also the reason for extending the quarantine period twice. 

The last weekend was eventful. We celebrated my son's 27th birthday last Saturday and Mom's day yesterday. Just like my last birthday, I cooked the pasta dish(Baked Macaroni this time), and the rest of the food, we just bought from Landers care of my husband. Nairaos din, even quarantine style. I feel grateful that we are healthy and Covid-free, there's a roof over our head, food on the table all the time and no one close to us is sick or dying. Our prayer, just like everyone's, is for this disease not to inflict further havoc to the world anymore. Please heal our land, Lord.


Buti na lang two cakes(Chocolate and Vanilla) yung nabili ni husband, bigla akong nagkaroon ng Mom's day cake. He totally forgot daw kinabukasan ang araw ng mga Ina. 


No comments: