Dec 27, 2018

Christmas 2018



It’s that time of the year again wherein I become a kitchen slave. But don't get me wrong, this is a small sacrifice for the love of family and of course, cooking. I just don’t normally cook this much during our birthdays or other occasions, Christmas lang talaga. Maybe because of the festive spirit of it or the cooler weather perhaps? 



This year I still got orders from my siblings for their food gifts to their respective work mates but not as much like last year. Okay lang hindi ko talaga kaya ang marami bilang I have zero helpers.

For Christmas eve (Noche Buena), I went for a blue and white table setting...



Our food was a mix of old and new dishes. I cooked the following:

Baked Mac as usual 


Prawn Masala


Baked Meatloaf


Beef Broccoli


Vanilla Cupcakes for dessert



My baked macaroni is always a hit. Na-perfect ko na siya. Prawn Masala was a new discovery, masarap din pala ang shrimp curry. Yes, in layman’s term yan siya. The meatloaf is like embutido, only it was baked. According to those who tasted it in our family gathering the next day, it was delicious. This can be a food gift also instead of the usual embutido.

As I've mentioned, Christmas day itself, we went to my Mom for lunch and gift giving just like in the past years. 

I hope you had a great Christmas celebration too. Remember it isn’t about the material things and grand celebs that is the focus of this season, but the love and presence of those who are important to us. Basta masaya ka at halos wala namang dinaramdam na sakit sa katawan o sama ng loob na dinadala sa kapwa, you’re on the right track.

Happy birthday, Jesus! :)

No comments: