May 15, 2017

A quick{long} update

How's your Monday? After a very active weekend, I chose to slow down today. I had a hard time sleeping last night because of that Vietnamese coffee I drank yesterday afternoon, but still, I was up early today and spent it doing my usual morning chores- cooking and doing the laundry in between taking my breakfast.







Yes, updating my blog daily has been quite a chore these past few months. But I always, always update thru twitter and IG. The first quarter this year was a busy one for my family. I'm giving you a rundown now...

• Sold our eight year old Honda car first week of January. We bought a Toyota Innova instead. After a month of waiting, it arrived by Feb. 2.



• We embarked on another business. We applied for a business name last March and it was approved na. Hoping it will flourish in the coming months.

• After receiving our new car, we went to Tagaytay for an advanced Valentine date. We had a couple massage, a Charito by Bag of beans merienda and a Crisostomo Paella dinner in Nuvali. 









• We had our car 'baptized' at Antipolo church by mid Feb. 

Antipolo church



• We had an overnight trip to Baguio to attend the Panagbenga festival(and because Aldub was there). After two years, we were back in the boondocks. We had a chill time(literally) at Camp John Hay and Baguio Public Market. A side note; for the record this was the fastest travel time we had in going there. We reached the city of Pines in just three hours. Thank you, SCTEX and TPLEX. Lol.  















• Come April, we had our family outing(with my Mom and siblings, pamangkins) at Canyon Cove in Nasugbu. We don't usually go out of town during Holy week to avoid the crowd so we scheduled it a week before the 'exodus' happens. 


I hate to say this but we had an aweful stay at this resort. Although the amenities(beach, infinity pool) were fine, the staff should seriously have a refresher course regarding handling of clients and maintenance of this beach resort. Mosquitoes abound in their rooms, the bed was creaking, and our bathroom wasn't cleaned as it should be(mapanghi). I called their attention but after three tries, nobody went to our room. Breakfast food was forgettable too. Thumbs down for their service. 




• My natal day is on April and this year it fell right smack during Holy week, so I made an advanced celebration by treating them to an RSM Lutong bahay lunch after Canyon Cove before heading home. 

• May is my son's birth month. We celebrated it low key this time just here at home. I cooked Pancit, Spaghetti, bought Pork barbecue, Lumpiang shanghai and prepared Fruit salad for dessert. We shared it with our office staff and his friends when they visited. They gifted him with a big cake in return. Before the day ended, we headed to Trinoma to catch the last full show of Guardians of the Galaxy 2.




• Mother's day was special. Saturday night, I visited my Mom and brought food for her. We trooped to Subic once more for a daytrip yesterday. We had our lunch at Mommy's House of Kare Kare, did some duty free shopping and had merienda at Xtremely Xpresso cafe. We just relaxed, laughed, made kwentos, etc. More than anything else, I'm just happy(and blessed) to celebrate it with my boys.


cooked our breakfast before heading out- sunny side up eggs, dried pusit, hotdogs






I hope I could blog away just like before. I miss doing it daily. My free time is always consumed by Twitter, IG, teleserye and of course, exercise. I'm now down to 113 lbs. and vent on toning my body by burning off more of my body fat. I wished to be fit not only thin or slim. I want my bones and immunity against sickness to be strong.

But, I promise that I will find time. I SHOULD find time.

Hope you're all doing well wherever you are.

No comments: