Jun 13, 2016

Monday blues


I've always regard Monday as something valuable. I want it to be always almost perfect. I believe that if you will have a great one, the following days of the week will follow suit.


Well, today is an exception. I started my day with my usual thingies- coffee, a.m. radio for news, prepping breakfast for my boys and the doggies, quick group chat and exercise. 

It could have been a perfect day but power went off at around 2pm- was about to sit down and watch Eat Bulaga's Kalyeserye and a time when my home is unbearably hot. Something tripped or whatever technical terms they have according to the power company Meralco. My car is on coding day, so I was forced not to go to the mall. 

To make the long story short, power was  back after seven freaking hours. The occasional fanning didn't help much. Aside from taking a bath after lunch time, I had five showers during the day just to stay fresh. The heat was unbearable. Nakakainggit ang mga lalaki, sila topless while I was sweating like a pig. I cooked rice without electricity, sa gas range lang. Napaso pa ako when I tried to taste if it was done already because initially, it was like it needed more water. Unlike cooking rice in an electric cooker, I needed to check it once in a while to avoid under/overcooking.

The only good thing about today is my battery operated transistor radio that I bought last week. It helped that I was tuned in the whole time. I didn't feel left out. At least.

I know this a rant post. Life ain't perfect- you just have to learn to accept what it throws you and deal with the situation, with a cool head as much as possible. Adapt. 

The best part is- Tomorrow's a brand new day. 

No comments: