May 8, 2015

warning: bawal mag-shopping

I will be having a self-imposed shopping ban starting today. I may not be an impulsive buyer or a big spender, but I have to do this to reach my money goals at the end of the year. I have everything I need. I have new clothes and shoes/sandals that I haven't worn yet. I'm confident that would tide me over the whole year round.

I have pre-bought gifts na for birthdays for my immediate family the rest of the year which I purchased last January, a 'sale' season. A lot of savings, indeed. Groceries/food/essentials are pre-budgeted na so they aren't included. Purchasing travel tickets aren't in my vocabulary(for now), since I just had two memorable trips this first quarter. Feeling ko medyo quota na kasi di ako naiinggit sa mga nakikita kong travel posts through social media nowadays. Haha.  Maybe at the end of the year as a reward for this goal? We'll see.

The only thing that would break this promise is that I haven't bought anything for my husband and son's birthday yet, plus a Father's day gift pa pala. At least, yun na lang at may budget naman ako dun. I'm praying hard also that the Lord Almighty will guide us everyday so that nobody gets hurt or hospitalized among my immediate family members. 

What I need to do is to stay away from the malls as much as I can and condition my mind that a great reward is waiting for me by December. 

I have done this before and I hope I'll succeed once again. Let's do this.

No comments: